Help Editing an Image

I am very new to the image editing game, and i do not quite know how to do what i want.<br />
<br />
the link to the image is <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.carpenoctem.tv/haunt/yellow.gif">http://www.carpenoctem.tv/haunt/yellow.gif</a><!-- m --> <br />
<br />
i am trying to find a way to make the background black, and the text white..... <br />
<br />
i really dont want to change anything else if possible.... <br />
when i tried to edit the picture, i couldnt get the background to come out properly..... can somebody please help????<br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->what image editing program are you using?<!--content-->photoshop.... but i dont know much about it yet.... and microsoft paint....<!--content-->Wrong area of forums but here goes.<br />
<br />
Use photoshop<br />
<br />
Delete all the text carefully using the rubber/eraser tool.<br />
<br />
so all you have is a white background and a map.<br />
<br />
Use the paint bucket tool next, select the black you want from the swatches... not the colour picker, you will get a pure blcak in the swatches.<br />
<br />
Place the paint bucket tool over the white area and click once. This should make the BG black.<br />
<br />
Then with the text tool, selecting white from the swatch add the names back in. I would add the names as a new layer... this way you can move them about to line them up easier... still stuck then give me a shout. I would do it for you... a simple and quick job, but better if you learn.<!--content-->i actually tried doing what i think you were describing before i submitted to the forum.<br />
<br />
when i clicked on the bucket for black, there seems to be a white outline around the map that i cannot get rid off....<br />
<br />
maybe i am just really weird? try it and let me know what happens if you do not mind...<br />
<br />
Thanks...<br />
<br />
sorry to be a pest<!--content-->You are going to have to use a bit of BFI method... :)<br />
<br />
Use Image-->Adjustments-->Invert to reverse the background to black<br />
<br />
Use the Magic wand to outline background areas again and Paint Bucket to fill in a bit more on the area.<br />
<br />
Then using the Pencil tool with foreground selected to black, zoom in to sections and bit by bit convert the gray/white border to black. <br />
<br />
It will take a while to do.<br />
<br />
I would also suggest that you erase out your texts and lines and just add them back in after. You can fill them with white (select colour) on the Font formatting menu.<!--content-->There ya go... saved as a PSD file... you'll have to do the text.<!--content-->

Back