HELP!! Banner ad's appearing as a grey box

liunx

Whenever I try inserting the Banner Ad web component within Frontpage 2002 into my page, it previews as a grey box. It should rotate through a few pictures that I've added in. I've tried everything to get it working and no joy. I managed to get it working once, but have no idea how I did it.<br />
<br />
If I save the page, it adds two extra files to my directory called fprotate.class & fprotatx.class but even after that I've tried viewing it through Internet Explorer 6 and it still's doing the same thing.<br />
<br />
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.....If somebody knows the answer, can you shed some light onto this for me....it'll make my life so much easier!<br />
<br />
:confused:<!--content-->Let us see your code then.<!--content-->All I've done is taken a blank page, set up a banner ad on that page to rotate between three pictures every five seconds. I've save this and now have three files, one's the name of my page, the other two are those fprotate & fprotatx.class files I mentioned before. The code is:<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<br />
<head><br />
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0"><br />
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><br />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><br />
<title>New Page 1</title><br />
</head><br />
<br />
<body><br />
<br />
<p><br />
<applet code="fprotate.class" codebase="./" width="443" height="388"><br />
<param name="rotatoreffect" value="dissolve"><br />
<param name="time" value="5"><br />
<param name="image1" valuetype="ref" value="../Frames%20Version/Vehicles/Ford%20Explorer%2001.jpg"><br />
<param name="image2" valuetype="ref" value="../Frames%20Version/Vehicles/ford%20explorer%2002.jpg"><br />
<param name="image3" valuetype="ref" value="../Frames%20Version/Vehicles/ford%20explorer%2003.jpg"><br />
</applet></p><br />
<br />
</body><br />
<br />
</html><br />
<br />
<br />
I'm not quite, but when it comes to HTML am almost a complete novis so don't be to technical with me!<!--content-->What if you remove the <p></p> tags around your code?<!--content-->I removed the <p></p> tags around the code and that didn't seem to make any difference. I still got the grey box appear.<!--content-->I'm not saying this is your answer, but for simplicity sake, don't name things with spaces.<br />
<br />
value="../Frames%20Version/Vehicles/Ford%20Explorer%2001.jpg"<br />
<br />
This line of code should look something like this.<br />
<br />
value="../frames/vehicles/2001fordexplorer.jpg"<!--content-->Ok, I'll remember that in future. The code was automatically writen when inserting things into the design view of fronpage. I've never writen it out before or really tried studying it that much but then I'd never tried building a webpage before either. Thanks for your efforts in trying to help me solve thios one, if you think of any reason why this maybe happening then please let me know!!<br />
<br />
Regrdas,<br />
Paul.<!--content-->Isn't this a javascript problem? You might get an answer to your question if you post this in that forum.<!--content-->

Back