Help an XML newbie

wxdqz

I write VB code for a living, but want to explore the XML world for an applicationI am writing that can either go Internet or desktop. Anyway, my businessobjects retrieve data from the database and pass the recordset to the client.I have changed this so that now the BO passes a DOMDocument. The problemI have is that when I save the recordset as a DOMDocument, It creates thefollowing. This file is not at all what I expect, and none of the booksI have purchased on XML talk about this. The problem appears to be thatI have a Schema on top of my XML, and also that the information is no longerin proper nodes. What I mean is that all of the database information isno longer set up like <FirstName>Justin</FirstName>. I really need a pointerin the right direction. I just can't seem to find a good resource for thisstuff. I realize that I could just save the recordset to a file and thatcreates proper XML, but I would prefer the ability to pass the object fromone BO to a client side class. Any help is appreciated.- <xml xmlns:s="uuid:BDC6E3F0-6DA3-11d1-A2A3-00AA00C14882" xmlns:dt="uuid:C2F41010-65B3-11d1-A29F-00AA00C14882"xmlns:rs="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:rowset" xmlns:z="#RowsetSchema">- <s:Schema id="RowsetSchema">- <s:ElementType name="row" content="eltOnly">- <s:AttributeType name="EmployeeID" rs:number="1" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="int" dt:maxLength="4" rs:precision="10" rs:fixedlength="true"/></s:AttributeType>- <s:AttributeType name="FirstName" rs:number="2" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="string" dt:maxLength="50" /></s:AttributeType>- <s:AttributeType name="LastName" rs:number="3" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="string" dt:maxLength="50" /></s:AttributeType>- <s:AttributeType name="Address1" rs:number="4" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="string" dt:maxLength="50" /></s:AttributeType>- <s:AttributeType name="Address2" rs:number="5" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="string" dt:maxLength="50" /></s:AttributeType>- <s:AttributeType name="City" rs:number="6" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="string" dt:maxLength="50" /></s:AttributeType>- <s:AttributeType name="State" rs:number="7" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="string" dt:maxLength="50" /></s:AttributeType>- <s:AttributeType name="Zip" rs:number="8" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="string" dt:maxLength="50" /></s:AttributeType>- <s:AttributeType name="Phone" rs:number="9" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="string" dt:maxLength="50" /></s:AttributeType>- <s:AttributeType name="Email" rs:number="10" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="string" dt:maxLength="50" /></s:AttributeType>- <s:AttributeType name="Code" rs:number="11" rs:nullable="true" rs:writeunknown="true"><s:datatype dt:type="int" dt:maxLength="4" rs:precision="10" rs:fixedlength="true"/></s:AttributeType><s:extends type="rs:rowbase" /></s:ElementType></s:Schema>- <rs:data><z:row EmployeeID="1" FirstName="Justin" LastName="Law" Address1="3 SquireLane" Address2="c/o Amy Law" City="Clifton Park" State="NY" Zip="12065" Phone="5183737900"Email="[email protected]" Code="5555" /><z:row EmployeeID="2" FirstName="Amy" LastName="Law" Address1="3 SquireLane" City="Clifton Park" State="NY" Zip="12065" Phone="5183737900" Email="[email protected]"Code="1234" /><z:row EmployeeID="3" FirstName="Greg" LastName="Henderson" Address1="7Dennis Drive" City="Clifton Park" State="NY" Zip="12065" Phone="5183836170"Email="[email protected]" Code="1111" /><z:row EmployeeID="4" FirstName="Angela" LastName="Rice" Address1="10 BirchHill Rd." Address2="c/o Barbara Law" City="Ballston Lake" State="NY" Zip="12019"Phone="5188777870" Email="[email protected]" Code="2222" /><z:row EmployeeID="5" FirstName="Don" LastName="Baylor" Address1="10 ColoradoWay" City="Colorado Springs" State="CO" Zip="85261" Code="2440" /></rs:data></xml>

Back