header('location: ..') not working

zaqwtkxmsa

(1)I'm in the process of uploading my website to a remote web server. (2)The site's template system is set up in a way that all of the pages are formed by sending url-encoded get requests to \[code\]index.php\[/code\](3)Loading up the initial page works. This page determines the location of the next page by evaluating the value of its form.(4)The redirection to the next page is performed by doing a: \[code\]header('location: next_page')\[/code\](5)For some reason, the redirection is not performed. Here's what the code looks like:\[code\]$error = "";if(isset($_POST['index_choice'])){ $path_choice = isset($_POST['path']) ? $_POST['path'] : NULL; //echo $path_choice; //echo $page_inc; //nothing after this if($path_choice != null){ if($form->is_connected()){ //if($path_choice != "" || $path_choice != NULL){ if($path_choice == "new"){ //header('location: /login.php'); //header('location: page/login'); header('location: /index.php?page=login'); exit(); } else{ //header('location: /amend.php'); //header('location: page/amend'); header('location: /index.php?page=amend'); exit(); } //} /** else{ //destroy_session(); $error = "You haven't selected a path. Please choose a path"; } * */ } else{ //destroy_session(); $error = "Problems with connecting to the database"; } }else{ //destroy_session(); $error = "You have not indicated your choice"; }}\[/code\]SOLVED It was a matter of having a blank space after a \[code\]?>\[/code\] somewhere else in the code. This was revealed to me after placing the following commands at the top of the code: \[code\] error_reporting(E_ALL); ini_set('display_errors', 'On'); \[/code\]I'd like to say thanks to all of the people that have tried to help.

Back