Having troubles with PDF hyperlinks

liunx

Hello all<br />
<br />
I am making a cd for my job and am using an HTML format for it. I am using Microsoft Word 2000, Internet Explorer 6, and Adobe Reader 6.0. <br />
<br />
I am using frame pages to make the file. When I create a hyperlink in word to a PDF document, then save it to html format, and click on the link, it takes me to a blank screen. I figure it must be my coding, because I am able to view .pdf documents from everybody elses websites within explorer.<br />
<br />
Here's the chunk of the coding that is for one of the links, see where it is that I might have messed up:<br />
:help: <br />
<br />
<p class=MsoNormal style='margin-left:6.0pt;tab-stops:.25in'><b<br />
style='mso-bidi-font-weight:normal'><span style='font-size:11.0pt'><span<br />
style='mso-tab-count:2'>_________ </span><a<br />
href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"Personal%20Web%20Page_files\Mac-Products,%20Inc.%20Distributor's%20Binder\2%20-%20MACBRIC-200\MACBRIC%20200%20-%20TECH.%20BULLETIN.pdf"<br />
target=MainFrame>Tech. Bulletin</a><o:p></o:p></span></b></p><br />
<br />
:help: <br />
I think that for some reason, maby its just trying to open the .pdf in explorer instead of opening adobe in explorer, but again, if I can open any PDF document in any web site out there, it's probably my coding that's messed up.<br />
<br />
I'm attaching a version of it, with the problem link being "Tech. Bulletin" under the "MACBRIC-200" link.<br />
The Main html to open is the "Mac-Products Binder.htm"<br />
<br />
Please let me know what I should do.}:-) <br />
<br />
Thank you for your help. :D :banana:<!--content-->well first of all, I dont know why you are using word. Since you use Mircrosoft Office anyway, why not just use frontpage insted? (Macromedia Dreamweaver rocks! :D)<br />
<br />
Second to add a link, just replace:<br />
<br />
<p class=MsoNormal style='margin-left:6.0pt;tab-stops:.25in'><b<br />
style='mso-bidi-font-weight:normal'><span style='font-size:11.0pt'><span<br />
style='mso-tab-count:2'>_________ </span><a<br />
href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"Personal%20Web%20Page_files\Mac-Products,%20Inc.%20Distributor's%20Binder\2%20-%20MACBRIC-200\MACBRIC%20200%20-%20TECH.%20BULLETIN.pdf"<br />
target=MainFrame>Tech. Bulletin</a><o:p></o:p></span></b></p><br />
<br />
<br />
with a simple ol:<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"nameofpdffile.pdf" target=Mainframe>tech bulletin</a> <br />
<br />
hope that helps<!--content-->Ah yes that works! Thank you! :D :hug:<!--content-->ok bare with me as this may seem odd. I had this problem yesterday ona mahcine at my work. you can view pdf's just fine in adobe, you can view them over teh web. but locally you could not as it just loaded a blank screen. the fix was reinstall IE6. that seemed odd to me as the plugin was working just not locally.<br />
<br />
<br />
try reinstalling IE and see if that fixes it.<!--content-->just a little note for people stumbling across this thread, never everuse word to design your pages, also steer clear of frontpage, if you must use wysiwyg use dreamweaver ;)<!--content-->

Back