having trouble with 100% width footer and table whitespace

liunx

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://trhaynes.commscentral.net:8000/cna1">http://trhaynes.commscentral.net:8000/cna1</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
I know that the font is really small. That happened upon upload - I'll have to change it but I don't have time now. Sorry. :(<br />
<br />
You can see the problems.<br />
1. Whitespace above the content areas. Why is it there?<br />
2. Footer not lining up correctly. How should I code that?<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help - I appreciate it. :)<br />
<br />
tom<!--content-->I can give you answer first thing in the morning. Dont have an editor at work to view it in a layout view.<br />
<br />
That is you havent got it sussed by then... so if you haven't I'll work it out for you. Too tired to trawl through it in note pad.<!--content-->Any suggestions?<!--content-->Whoops I forgot... I will do it in notepad now. Sorry.<!--content-->Ok I have had a play and you have way to much in terms of table layout for me to see where it is going wrong. I will not forget when I get home to do it, it should only take a few minutes. But till I get home again you'll have to bear with me.<!--content-->What a mess... cant fix it due to the table layouts. You made things hard for yourself.<br />
<br />
I'll quickly throw a table together for you to get the desired effect.<!--content-->You have incorrectly col spanned and row spanned your tables.<br />
<br />
Here is my version. Do not remove the very bottom row, which will be invisible, or the whole table will collapse. It is there so that the table has a structure where cells have been merged. You cannot cell width merged cells too much as the table will not know where to cell width over lapping cols... that probably didn't make much sense but if you view what I have done in the file below in a wysiwig editor it will make sense.<br />
<br />
As for the space above the content areas... god knows... maybe if you use this layout and then ask some one they might be able to help.<br />
<br />
Anyway... any questions fire away... it is in the text file.<!--content-->

Back