have problem need help solving it

liunx

hi i have been working long and hard on my site but i am looking for a few things and having problems with them <br />
1. i have Download <!--more-->ed just about every chat room html code that doesnt link to some other site to my site and i get the same thing from each of them what is wrong why is it doing this and how can i fix it<br />
it has these three shapes in the left corner and the smiles under neath it but no to chat on it <br />
2. i am looking to Download <!--more--> a doll maker it is where you can make dolls by putting piece of the clothes and to the dolls and make different stlyes of dolls i want to add this feature to my site but i cant get to work<br />
3. also have message boards on my site but they link to others sites with message boards on them i want one that is actually posted on my site like this one is<br />
4. i have tried to find a classafited look like Download <!--more--> or html codes to do like an auction block or newspaper ad look to one of my pages as well<br />
5. how do you change backgrounds to something you want instead of something you have to choice like on tripod.com<br />
6. is there such thing as free advertising for your site to promote it?<br />
need help to solve these issues can you help?<br />
the site in question= http//:sapphiresimpson_1.tripod.com<br />
perfer email contact plz <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> ty for reading this:confused:<!--content-->Question1&3: It just can't work to copy it from a site and paste the HTML on yours... You won't have the support programs, you have to contact a chat room and a bulletin board program company to get the softwares! (there are some for free on the web...<br />
<br />
Question 2&4, I have no idea what you are talking about...<br />
<br />
Question 5: you have to change the info in the <BODY...> tag of your page, it should contain infos like <BODY BGCOLOR=#676727 BACKGROUND="XXXXX.gif"> just change the info between the "" in the BACKGROUND= filed to the URL of the pic you want as a background...<br />
<br />
Q6... No comment....<br />
<br />
Now, I would recommand you try to find an old software called AOLPRESS which is still available on the net (search with google) and as a really good basic HTML tutorial, that should help you understand why those things you try to do don't work!!! :)<!--content-->This chat room is using server side scripting, ok if you are trying to upload all their code it isnt html is something else like php or perl of vbscript of something used to do the server side stuff. You need to figure out what tripod supports if you are hosing it yourself. I believe its cgi, but lycos regular is php so I dont know. Find a prehosted chatroom if you want but it will probably have ads. Bravenet has one I think. To do the message board like I say you need to figure out the server side language your host supports. If they say php go to phpbb.com and if its cgi, well you will hvae to do a search because I dont know ang good cgi ones off the top of my head. The the free ads, No nothing is free, however you can go to a site directory like those elitepolls and add your site to their list, you can get on search engines (go to <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dmoz.org">www.dmoz.org</a><!-- w --> and yahoo.com to start, dmoz feeds to google aol and msn it rules) then you can go to the tripod site of the day area and submit your site and you can exchange links and banners with sites realted in topic to your own.<!--content-->free cgi boards??? try Proboards.com, they'll even host it for free but they have ad pop-ups<!--content-->I am using bbboy.net right now until my own is finished, but they have pop unders =(<!--content-->question 5 I can help you with, I've got a page that has a series of links on it that are all different colours, if you click on one it changes all of the background to that colour, I see no reason why it couldn't be modified to work for pictures or even, if you want to use forms, to allow the users to enter their own haxedecimal colour codes. I'll upload the page next time I'm on, I don't have it with me right now.<br />
I must warn you though all of the clever stuff it uses is done with javascript not html.<br />
<br />
question 2, I would recommend that you learn how to use flash and use that to help you make that doll thing you were on about. (I don't know if you can just Download <!--more--> one), by the way falsh is a program that makes it easier to make your own programs (like front page does for webdesign).<!--content-->yea the doll thing needs flash or quick time.<!--content-->Koolmoves is a cheaper and simpler alternative to Flash.<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.koolmoves.com">http://www.koolmoves.com</a><!-- m --> <br />
<br />
Haven't tried making a clothing store for dolls in it though!!!<br />
<br />
<br />
Dave<!--content-->Hey PeOfEo, just out of interest, where did you get you name from? Also, where di you get that strangely hypnotising animation.<!--content-->some of it makes no cents to me what so ever i wish i knew what you know and how to do it cuz i am a computer bug but not that good what i have learned i learned by myself and no one taught me so iam still trying to learn i have gotten lots of comments on site but i would love to make it rock even harder i just dont know how but ty all very much<!--content-->

Back