have a page on the website that only few can view with a specific URL

liunx

I would like to send a large file for viewing to a few people here and abroad. Since the file is large I cannot e-mail it.:( <br />
Earlier, I have received a specific link in my e-mail so that when I click on it I can get the info, but the info cannot be viewed by someone going to their website. How do I do that? <br />
I tried setting a page with no hyperlinks on the website but I cannot view it either!!!:confused: <br />
Would someone please tell me how do I do that on a website?<!--content-->Originally posted by sudhir <br />
I would like to send a large file for viewing to a few people here and abroad. Since the file is large I cannot e-mail it.:( <br />
<br />
Would someone please tell me how do I do that on a website? <br />
Send it in two or three parts, e-mail them a web address to where they can view it, or create it with a password.<br />
<br />
I never heard of a secret link to a site that if correct, you can't gain access.<!--content-->The idea is not to make it secret. The purpose is that they can view it - password may be a good idea. Once the material is checked I will put it up on the web for everyone. Secrecy was never the issue!<br />
How do I set it up with a password?<br />
Please help. Thanks a lot.<!--content-->Originally posted by sudhir <br />
The idea is not to make it secret. The purpose is that they can view it - Thanks a lot. <br />
If all you want to do is set up a web page for everyone to see, it doesn't have to be passworded. No matter how large it is, you only need to upload it with a name through your internet provider. If you never made a Web site before, you will have to let us or me know so you can get help on that.<!--content-->

Back