hard coding pixel sizes

liunx

I am just learning the delights of designing pages with hard coded pixel sizes however one element on my pages has defeated me so far : a line of mixed bold and non bold text with a yellow background which always seems to enlarge when changing the text size in IE<br />
<br />
<span style="background-color:yellow;"><br />
<FONT COLOR="#D32994" STYLE="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 22px; font-style: normal; font-weight: bolder;"> CONSIGNMENT ERRORS:</font> <FONT COLOR="#D32994" STYLE="font-family: tahoma; font-size: 22px; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal;"> please correct </font></span><br />
<br />
Anyone know how to achieve the mixed font weight amd retain the same text size ?<br />
<br />
On another aspect I have noticed when using tables that the spacing between lines is larger than the spacing with text not in a table which is not good for appearance, this is despite having no spacing , padding or margins in the table, does anyone have a solution? <br />
<br />
Thanks<!--content-->Any text shown provided with HTML nrmally will chnage size when using the zoom feature in any browser. Note that when javascript writes contents to a page, this often will right in a normal sized font, disregarding the size given in the view menu :) <br />
<br />
Did you get any of your text to remain constant size using the fixed pixel width?<!--content-->You are using CSS and outdated markup. Pick one or the other but don't use both. This might work:<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<p style="background-color:yellow;color:#d32994;font:22px/25px 'tahoma', sans-serif;"><br />
<br />
<span style="font-weight:bolder;">CONSIGNMENT ERRORS: </span>please correct<br />
<br />
</p><br />
<br />
The /25px sets the line height for the text.<!--content-->

Back