grr...

liunx

I am making a tutorial and when I coded it and sized the table I am getting vertical scroll bars and I double checked all the sizes. The iframe size is 550 and the page is like 500 px. why am I seeing that vertical scroll. <br />
<br />
And my scroll colors arent showing up. and I double checked that code too.<br />
<br />
link: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rksunderground.com/?rks=crystals">http://www.rksunderground.com/?rks=crystals</a><!-- m --><br />
source: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rksunderground.com/source.php?url=crystals.php">http://www.rksunderground.com/source.ph ... ystals.php</a><!-- m --><!--content-->You might left the code without programming the scroll bar with never apear ... :confused:<!--content-->Because the page displaying inside of it (with the images) is obviously much taller than 500?<!--content-->taller wouldnt make any difference thats why its a iframe. And look at the code there is the internal style sheet in there I am not that dumb<!--content-->MD Hall is right. It doesn't matter what size you specified your page to be, your images and other content are stretching it to much bigger than that, hence the scroll bar.<!--content-->I was not inferring or suggesting that you were dumb. What I was saying is that, if your Iframe is 500 high, the source page must be 500 or less to eliminate the scroll bar. The images in the source page are making that page, obviously, taller than 500, hence you get a scrollbar. So you have 3 options. 1, rework your source page to make it shorter. 2, make the Iframe taller than 500. 3, add "scrolling=no" to your iframe code, and not see all of the source page.<!--content-->xxnfg618xx, grr... is not a proper title. please change it and in the future please conform to the rules of the forum. make proper titles so others can gain from it.<!--content-->yes you were right i understood the post by wrong ..:thumbdn: :chainsaw: :bash:<!--content-->I'm having a similar problem, but for the Horizont Scrollbar.<br />
<br />
I have an IFRAME, 435px by 560px, and I simpy write two or three letters per line, and add lots of breaks, just to see if the VERTICAL scrollbar is showing, meaning to say, there's NO CONTENT that goes over the right edge of the IFRAME, not even CLOSE.<br />
But ANYWAY, I get a HORIZONTAL SCROLLBAR.<br />
I've tried almost EVERYTHING, and I can't get rid of it.<br />
I've done many sites with IFRAMES, and I never had this problem before.<br />
I even tried to doing the whole process all over just to see if I could solve it that way, but somehow the problem is still there.<br />
<br />
I'm using Dreamweaver MX 2004, by the way...<br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->btw, ( and i don't mean any offense by this so don't get offended, ok ) horizontal=left to right and veritical=up to down<br />
<br />
are you refering to the horizontal ( left to right )scrollbar? if so then that would explain the miscommunication with the other posters...<br />
<br />
additionally, if you add to the iframe tag:<br />
<br />
style="margin:0px;padding:0px;"<br />
<br />
<br />
NOTE: this also works if put in the <body> tag of a webpage as well<br />
<br />
then that 'should' take care of the horizontal scrollbar... then you could keep the crystal iframe's scrolling="auto" and everything would come out how i believe you are wanting it to be...<br />
<br />
however, if you are not wanting any scrollbars period on the crystal's iframe then all you should need to do to eliminate the scrollbar problem is what MD Hall said on the scrolling=no in the iframe tag of the crystals iframe:<br />
<br />
<iframe src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"crystals.php" name="I1" width="550" <br />
height="890" scrolling="no" noresize frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe><!--content-->Horizontal/Vertical is faster to write. =P<br />
<br />
Anyway, I tried what you suggested (the style="margin:0px;padding:0px;"), with no success.<br />
<br />
I just want the IFRAME to have the scrollbars when REALLY needed.<br />
Right now, it's showing me the LEFT TO RIGHT scrollbar FOR NO REASON AT ALL! The only content in the src of the IFRAME is VERTICAL, just a bunch of letters and lots of breaks to see if the image in the BG of the SRC of the IFRAME stays fixed.<br />
This only happens when the content within the IFRAME overflows the size of the IFRAME.<br />
<br />
Please, help me! I don't know what do anymore... =(<!--content-->Myuu.EXE, whats the url to the page you're having this prob with? i'll take a look for ya...<br />
<br />
btw, the hor/vert thingy was just to clearify with xxnfg618xx as i have had many instances of programmers not know the difference or get them backwards }:-) lol<br />
<br />
i'll check this thread often for ya tonight to see what i can come up with for you, but first i need that url<!--content-->It's still not online, but I'll try to upload it later in the afternoon. I'll let you know.<br />
<br />
Oh, and thanks a lot! =)<!--content-->

Back