Gridview for XML with Pictures in iOS

randellromeo

I am building an iPhone app that I would like to be able to have a gallery of images that is loaded from an XML file. The xml simply has the name of the image, and the link for each image as the exact URL where the image is loaded. I have looked at a few different examples like, https://github.com/AlanQuatermain/AQGridView but have a lot of problems customizing it for my use. The link I gave seems way too in depth for the simple thing I want of parsing an XML (which my code does) and to create a 'thumnbail' for each article, filling in that thumbnail with the image provided in the 'link' category of the XML. Could someone help me out a little bit? I am using ASIHTTPREQUEST and GDATAXML libraries to parse my XML as shown in Ray Wenderlich's tutorial on parsing.EDIT: Looking over stuff, I guess I can create a Custom Cell and only have a UIImageView in the custom cell, but how would I write up the code so I can have about 4 columns of pictures across the cell, and have it load a different picture with each?

Back