Google going public

pinkblue

I have heard the rumor about google going public. But today at work I met the mother of a google computer dude that told me that they are going public really soon and he is going to get lots of stock options. I wish I were him...He's gonna be real rich real soon. Of course, they pay him plenty anyway.ya think? my experience is they go flat big time after that...I sure hope they don't.Google is my fweind Ps I use google quite a bit, though I haven't used it and it's search engine for a week or two heya alan hun! i installed google toolbar so it makes life a lot easier and *yay* no popups. only 24 blocked so far but its better than having them!Hiya Rose, I too have the google toolbar, only 3 pop-ups blocked so far.and one was a Pm from atomic -- oops lolcheers for the link btw haha yeah ive had some of those too, but hey its not so bad, at least you can tell when one has been blocked on site you know the only popups mean PM messages have arrived so you can look yip It is troo ps you get an email?from who? noone ever emails me - my email account packed up and noone seems to know my new one lol - although i did a mail out to let some folks know please sp'lain?oh! I sent email about Katie. so the lil_ndn_rose ... is invalid now?oooh ok thats just one i use for my msn, but i will check it now taa - lets continue in the general convo thread xoxook sorry, for sabotaging the Google thread, feel free to bring back on topic. cya in general discussions rose. oxoxox. I hope that if they do go public that they don't go flat.going public? im lost...They are probably looking to go public. My guess is that Lawrence Page and Sergey Brin (Google founders) are going to look to sell their stock options quick after the initial boom But seriously, I'd still consider buying some stock, but then again, Yahoo is coming out with record earnings because they've simply adapted to the Google Adwords way of doing things...Well google is only going to be the best for so long... someone is sure to come up with something better, the question is how long... I would guess 3-5yrs, meaning if you plan to make a long term investment google may not be the best place.I mean we've been led to believe google is the best, but is it... their are many other search engines, and no one can say they have tried every single one. It's a gamble, who knows I may be wrong...I'm sure that google has enough cool ideas left to increase their revenue on a regular basis for sometime, so their stock will kick butt.If not, enough ppl think that way, so they'll kick butt anyway. Of course it seems like they are #1 and have nowhere to go but down, but until somebody looks ready to challenge them, they'll stay #1 and make tons of money as a result.