Google freshbot vs deepbot

fefelir

Google has what is known as a freshbot (Minty), and a deepbot. The freshbot is constantly crawling the web and finding fresh data, while the deep bot goes out once each month right at the end of the Google Dance, and usually lasts a week.In my opinion the deepbot is the real important one. It is the one that permantly puts pages in the Google's index, and is the one which figures out the linking structure of the web to help determine page rank.The freshbot is nice, because it keeps giving you fresh listings in google if you update frequently.From what I have heard if your site updates often then the freshbot will probably come daily, but if you do not update very much then Minty (freshbot) will not be very interested in your site and will probably not visit often. (You probably won't get other visitors visiting often either if you don't update much)If you can view your logs or track certain visitors all of the freshbots IP's start with:64while all of the deepbots IP addresses start with:216interesting to know, thx...realyl interesting about the IP's. You know why?UNFLUX wrote:Yes please share? haha, that was a legitimate question!I''l take a stab though. I bet it has to do with Network Classes. Just a guess tho....who said I knew the answer? haha Quote:Yup, Google had definetely changed alot. I never get hit by the 216 address anymore (formerly deepbot). It doesn't seem like backlinks change often though, so maybe the update frequency for those are the same as before.