good html WYCIWYG editor

liunx

Hi guys,<br />
<br />
I am looking for a good html WYCIWYG editor. It's not for me since I am more comftable with raw html, but it is for customer service people at our company. Basically, I need a dummy-proof html editor that will be able to Download <!--more--> folders from server and allow user to edit web pages with as little code as possible. Right now our reps use Microsoft FrontPage and it's pretty horrible since it adds a lot of unwanted code. We need something that will create as little unwanted code as possible and may be have support for JavaSctipt and CSS.<br />
Any suggestions on a good program?<br />
<br />
thanks a lot,<br />
webtekie<!--content-->I like AceHTML Freeware and AceFTP Freeware. Both I think are good progams and I love them.<!--content-->Dreamweaver.<!--content-->How about macromedia homesite if dreamweaver is too expensive?<!--content-->Homesite is not a WYSIWYG, though...<!--content-->thanks guys, will check them out. But real decision will be decided by reps. Poor bastards. :)<!--content-->Actually I was thinking of Contribute<br />
<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.macromedia.com/software/contribute/">http://www.macromedia.com/software/contribute/</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
LOL<br />
<br />
;)<!--content-->Originally posted by pyro <br />
Homesite is not a WYSIWYG, though... Yea, but he didn't ask for that, he asked for WYCIWYG. That's MY kinda editor, What You Code Is What You Get!<!--content-->Originally posted by ray326 <br />
Yea, but he didn't ask for that, he asked for WYCIWYG. That's MY kinda editor, What You Code Is What You Get! <br />
I like the way you think, man. :D<!--content-->Originally posted by ray326 <br />
Yea, but he didn't ask for that, he asked for WYCIWYG. That's MY kinda editor, What You Code Is What You Get! Lol... Very true. ;) That's really the more true of the two accronyms, as WYSI(not)WYG...<!--content-->Ok found one programs but it codes html pages in <div>s. I'm used to coding in tables and use <div>s from time to time. Is it ok if web page is coded in <div>s? Will users with higher resolution view a web pages different than those with lower resolution?<br />
<br />
thanks,<br />
webtekie<!--content-->if you're on a mac, BBEdit<!--content-->whether you use divs or not a user viewing your site in a different resolutions will view it differently<!--content-->Originally posted by webtekie <br />
Ok found one programs but it codes html pages in <div>s. I'm used to coding in tables and use <div>s from time to time. Is it ok if web page is coded in <div>s? Will users with higher resolution view a web pages different than those with lower resolution?<br />
<br />
thanks,<br />
webtekie use divs and css. Tables suck. css is that way to go if you want your code to be more accessable.<!--content-->Originally posted by webtekie <br />
Ok found one programs but it codes html pages in <div>s. I'm used to coding in tables and use <div>s from time to time. Is it ok if web page is coded in <div>s? Will users with higher resolution view a web pages different than those with lower resolution?<br />
<br />
thanks,<br />
webtekie use divs and css. Tables suck. css is that way to go if you want your code to be more accessable.<!--content-->Originally posted by webtekie <br />
<br />
thanks,<br />
webtekie <br />
<br />
The short answer is yes, you will actually want to use <div> tags since it technically defines a division of code as to where a <table> tag defines tabular data. When laying out a site, think of all of the sections you want and then create <div> tags with each using the id attribute to get them a unique name. As an example...<br />
<br />
<div id="header">Header goes here</div><br />
<div id="menu">Menu goes here</div><br />
<div id="content">Content goes here</div><br />
<div id="footer">Footer goes here</div><br />
<br />
You then use CSS to format and position them where you want them.<!--content-->question about CSS... do you use absolute or relative positioning?<!--content-->Absolute positioning should rarly be needed for much. When people absolutly position every (or nearly every) element on their page, they are doing themselves a disservice.<!--content-->ok, but why? maybe you could explain more or point me in the direction of a resource or article that explains css positioning and the advantages (and disadvantages) of using relative over absolute? thanks.<!--content-->Actually, I may have said that wrong above. I hold to my last statement, but absolute positioning is actually very useful, as long as the designer knows what they are doing. Usually, they do not.<br />
<br />
If you understand the basics of CSS, head over to A List Apart (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.alistapart.com/">http://www.alistapart.com/</a><!-- m -->) for some great info on how to practially use it.<!--content-->I use a bit of both myself. I find both useful at different times.<!--content-->Definately Contribute for non-power users. If you have designed the original pages in Dreamweaver, you can set non-editable regions so that your non-technical users don't destroy things like tables, layers and graphics used for layout.<!--content-->Originally posted by webtekie <br />
<br />
thanks,<br />
webtekie <br />
What program is that?<!--content-->wouldnt be fp or htmlkit, dont think be dw either not too sure<!--content-->

Back