Good alernative to a database in a C# program

I have to make a small program for my job, my position is really not IT related, and i'm making this for our personal-professional use. I've already made it in Access, and its working OK. But i personally don't like it.Its really simple, there is a list of different place (about 300) containing about 10 columns.This is in a datagridview, and when we select some place, we can print the a report and visits those place.Problem: I want to do it in C#, so i tough about using a simple access database but i get an oleb database driver is not in the system or something like that. We work on a restricted WIZE client, and nothing can be changed in the windows configuration. So i was looking for an alternative for my database, can i use a simple XML file and store it there, or is there is any simpler alternative, that can allow my to make SQL like request and insert/delete/update in the database.Sorry for my english, it is not my primary language :)Edit: Thank you all for this help, its greatly appreciated, i'll look into SQLite

Back