GIF animations after a link is pressed?

liunx

On my website <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.spinnershomepage.co.uk">www.spinnershomepage.co.uk</a><!-- w --> when a link is pressed on any of the sites pages, if the page has .gif images etc etc they stop animating. <br />
<br />
Anyone know why this is and if so how do I cure it?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<!--content-->because why would they keep giong if the page is being changed?<br />
<br />
when you click on a link the page is being refreshed with a new page, on fast connections you shouldn't even see this, but slow ones it takes a few to change the page.<br />
<br />
tthat is as good as I can say it, if somebody else has a different thought let me know<!--content-->I'm sorry I wasn't clear, you misunderstand me. Of course your correct, but I meant when a link opens up something in a new window, whether it be a seperate Download <!--more--> window prompting to save or open a file or by a link which opens up a new window, but the main page which the links where on stays put without navigating away from itself.<!--content-->Here's the deal...<br />
<br />
One of the first things that a web browser will do when a link is clicked is to remove the time references to any animations or applets to free up resources for reuse on the next page...<br />
<br />
but! one way around it is to use java script to open them in a new window instead of target="_blank"...<br />
<br />
You could add a java script to the end of your html file ( just before the </body> tag ) to do it for you. For example:<br />
<br />
<script><br />
<br />
function showPic(locationOfThePicToBeShown, title){<br />
<br />
theNewWin = window.open(locationOfThePicToBeShown,"_blank","height=500,width=400,top=50,left=50");<br />
<br />
theNewWin.document.title=title;<br />
<br />
}<br />
</script><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
</body><br />
</html><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
and modify the:<br />
<br />
<a target="_blank" title="Will code html for food" href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"pictures/Snaps%20of%20the%20week/codehtml.JPG"><br />
<br />
<br />
to<br />
<br />
<br />
<a onmouseover="this.style.cursor='hand'" onclick="showPic('pictures/Snaps%20of%20the%20week/codehtml.JPG','Will code html for food');"><!--content-->Originally posted by spinner <br />
I'm sorry I wasn't clear, you misunderstand me. Of course your correct, but I meant when a link opens up something in a new window, whether it be a seperate Download <!--more--> window prompting to save or open a file or by a link which opens up a new window, but the main page which the links where on stays put without navigating away from itself. <br />
ahh you didn't say anything about a new window. and your site doesn't load a new window. so my suggest still stands and ucm's as well.<!--content-->Thanks bud, I'll give it try.<!--content-->

Back