.gif animation problem

liunx

I have a .gif animation. When the .gif begins to Download <!--more--> it Download <!--more-->s it frame by frame. For ppl with slow connections they only see each frame. The animation doesn't repeat it self so they can't see the coolness that the animation truely is. How can I get around this problem?<!--content-->To get around this problem you can post an url for us to have a look at. I suggest that would be a good start.<!--content-->the site: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/iklopexe">www.geocities.com/iklopexe</a><!-- w --><!--content-->You have the gif set to play once and once only. Is this your objective?<br />
<br />
If so you can get round this by inserting some blank transparent flames to the image, perhaps upto 3-4 seconds worth. It wont add much to the file size, will give the page a chance to load thus giving you more impact when it appears, and hopefully the full file would have hit the surfers PC before the animation is over.<br />
<br />
Alternativly I would not set a loop, but fade the image at the end of the run, leave the image blank for 7-8 seconds then have it loop indefinatley.<!--content-->hmmm, .gif files are not really suited to that! I would sujest taht you try it in flash, that would allow you to have a preloader first. Hope that helps :)<!--content-->

Back