Getting the infor from drop down list

windows

Hi !<br />
<br />
I have a web page and in that web page ther is a form...in that form ther is a drop down list<br />
<br />
<br />
<select name="name"><br />
<option selected>mumu</option><br />
</select><br />
<br />
<br />
ok there is also another input box.<br />
<br />
<br />
<input type="text" name="nick" maxlength="40" size="40"><br />
<br />
<br />
so the thing i want is when the user selects from the drop down list name "mumu" it is automatically entered to the input box<br />
<br />
so when the user selects mumu from the dropdown box...at that moment the input box will be filled with "mumu" and whatever the uset wants to type next depends ont eh user...but the thing that i want is that when the user selects the name mumu (IT WONT be visible to the user but in the processed form it will be visible to me.<br />
<br />
is it possible to do that?<br />
<br />
thanks in advance<!--content-->only with a form of server side coding. like cgi or php or asp.<!--content-->You could use JavaScript to modify the form for that prior to it submiting to a server-side script...<br />
<br />
try modifying the form tag with pretty much this:<br />
<br />
<form id="myFormsNameHere" method="post" action="whatEverWebPageOrScriptFileNameAndServerNme.HERE"><br />
<br />
<br />
and then add this button:<br />
<br />
<input type="button" value="Submit This Form..." onclick="df=document.forms['myFormsNameHere'];df.nick.disabled=true;df.nick.value=df.SELECTdropBOXnameHERE.value+df.nick.value;df.submit();"><!--content-->forgot to mention that the idea here is for the visitor to click on the button I posted code for so if you have a submit button, remove it and replace it with the custom button I posted above :-)<!--content-->

Back