Getting java.lang.VerifyError exception while using JDOM

dudaketi

Please help me to find out the way to get out of this, while using JDOM API, I am using\[code\]root.addContent(new Element("name").setText("Enlightenment"));\[/code\]method to add the element in XML but during runtime I am getting the following exception:\[code\]java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/asiaone/web/common/A1BusinessXmlOperation, method: create signature: ()V) Incompat`enter code here`ible argument to function at org.apache.jsp._business_5F_iframe_5F_page._jspService(_business_5F_iframe_5F_page.java:281)\[/code\]After compiling the file with runtime JDOM library I am getting following exception, \[code\]java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/asiaone/web/common/A1BusinessXmlOperation (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)\[/code\]But I check the java version:\[code\]java version "1.5.0_04"Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_04-b05)Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0_04-b05, mixed mode)\[/code\]i.e. also fine. Why is this error happening now?`java.lang.LinkageError: LinkageError while defining class: com.asiaone.web.common.A1BusinessXmlOperationCould not be defined due to: com/asiaone/web/common/A1BusinessXmlOperation (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)This is often caused by having a class defined at multiplelocations within the classloader hierarchy. Other potential causesinclude compiling against an older or newer version of the classthat has an incompatible method signature.Dumping the current context classloader hierarchy:

Back