geocities popup elimination...

liunx

i was wondering if anyone knows how to block all popups on a geocities site, i can't remember where i go this code from but it eliminates popups on first view, but after looking through the site they come back & popup like b4, the code i got is:<br />
<br />
<TEXTAREA rows=1 cols=1 style="display:none;"><br />
<br />
you add that below your </HTML> tag.<br />
<br />
does anyone know any code that eliminates all popups, i know you can get popup kill software but killing it at the source would be more benefical, just curious... jaeman}:-)<!--content-->geocities terms of use (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/geoterms.html">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/geoterms.html</a><!-- m -->)<!--content-->oh yeah, sorry leoo24, i forgot the clause that states:<br />
<br />
we let you have a free website, but where going to fill it up with a bunch of bull**** adverts & get rich quick schemes, you understand that herein after signing up you are just another sucker like the last promoting everything you disagree with in moral accordance to WWW standards:<br />
World Wide ****ers... jaeman:P<!--content-->if you can't respect the Terms then buy your own server and see how far your money goes.<br />
<br />
how do you think the free sites make money? the bandwidth you are using on geocities has to be paid somehow. if not for those popups and banners and ads you wouldn't have a site on there.<br />
<br />
am I right??<!--content-->okay, calm down scoutt, put the gun away!:P<br />
<br />
i agree with what you had to say, but i just use the 15meg they give me for storage, if you need a website there are so many hosts that are dirt cheap it's not funny... jaeman<br />
<br />
PS: is geocities paying you cause you seem to be promoting them with a passion...:D<!--content-->jaeman, are you purposely trying to make yourself availiable to flame? What you are proposing/asking for is to get something for free with absolutely no compensation..<br />
<br />
Think of it this way - what do they get out of it? They should spend millions of dollars on hosting equipment just to lose it all to cheap and selfish people?<!--content-->I gotta agree...if you don't like the geocities popups...go elsewhere.<br />
<br />
Aaron<!--content-->ok folks, i'm gonna close this thread before it does turn into a flame thread.<br />
<br />
Jaeman, i think you know how most of use feel about this subject and understand why what you want to do is wrong.<br />
Seeing as hosting is so cheap these days and you would get hundreds of mb storage i think you should follow that avenue.<br />
<br />
thankyou<!--content-->Originally posted by jaeman <br />
okay, calm down scoutt, put the gun away!:P<br />
<br />
i agree with what you had to say, but i just use the 15meg they give me for storage, if you need a website there are so many hosts that are dirt cheap it's not funny... jaeman<br />
<br />
PS: is geocities paying you cause you seem to be promoting them with a passion...:D <br />
no I don't promote them. I would say the same for any free host. if you knew behind the scenes like I do you would know how much it costs to put something like that up just to have people like you go around it. nothing against you or anything, just hit a nerve but it is ok.<br />
<br />
if you use if for storage then what does it matter if you have popups?<br />
<br />
oh that is right, you can't reply to this thread cause it's closed :P<!--content-->

Back