Generating User Accounts with ZfcUser in ZF2

althemad

I'd like to generate user accounts in Zend Framework 2 with ZfcUser arbitrarily that I could then email to the user with either an activation link or some temporary credentials. I'm not sure if ZfcUser can be extended to do this securely, so I'm looking for help and suggestions.I need to do this in my application for a letter of recommendation feature. It works by an existing user (someone who registered using ZfcUser the 'normal' way) requesting a letter of recommendation from someone by providing an email address for that person. At that point I would like to generate an account using ZfcUser with that given email and notify the person that someone has requested a letter of recommendation from them and that they should log in and complete it. I gave some though to a one-time-use link for each letter request but I feel like it would make more sense to create an account for each email and the associated user so that someone who receives multiple request for letters can log in and be presented with all of their requests in a single place. I also think it may be wise to separate these sorts of user accounts into a different users table in my database, or at least append a flag field to my current users table schema. I should note that I'm also currently using CdliTwoStageSignup in conjunction with ZfcUser. I don't necessarily need to use it for this as well, but it's in the tool bag. I think the ZfcUser 'state' flag could be useful here but it's not really the tough part of what I'm trying to accomplish.I'm looking for technical help in accomplishing this using ZfcUser but am definitely open to design ideas or improvements in general.