Generating the same HTML with PHP and JS

Jainueememe

Often I add helper functions to my PHP that return complex HTML. For example, it is not an easy task to ensure that a form element is accessible, can handle errors etc. and so I will have a PHP function wrap this problem.Unfortunately, sometimes, I will need to generate the same HTML but with JS instead. An example of this is where I have a Flash uploader which uploads multiple files. As each file is uploaded, I want to populate another form on the same page which will allow the user to edit the files data.I already have the specification for the inputs for this form in PHP helper functions. At the moment, I just recreate these inputs manually with JS. However, this is inefficient and frustrating because if I wish to change some aspect of these inputs, I now have to change them in two places.One thing I could do is pass the form elements back to JS in the same AJAX request which uploads the file. This works fine but could be problematic if I have large amounts of HTML.Is there a better way than this or is using the AJAX request the best it gets?

Back