Generating incremental ID for xml attributes using XSLT

nikoletan

I have following XSL.\[code\] <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes"/> <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:element name="root"> <xsl:apply-templates select="ModelDefinition/ContainerSpecNode"/> </xsl:element> </xsl:template> <xsl:template match="ContainerSpecNode"> <xsl:element name="item"> <xsl:attribute name="id"><xsl:value-of select="@specId"/></xsl:attribute> <xsl:attribute name="pathId"><xsl:value-of select="@pathId"/></xsl:attribute> <xsl:attribute name="specId"><xsl:value-of select="@specId"/></xsl:attribute> <xsl:attribute name="rel"><xsl:value-of select="@specType"/></xsl:attribute> <xsl:element name="content"> <xsl:element name="name"> <xsl:value-of select="shortName"/> <xsl:if test="(@minimumCardinalityCount = '0') or (@maximumCardinalityCount != '1')"> [<xsl:value-of select="@minimumCardinalityCount"/>..<xsl:value-of select="@maximumCardinalityCount"/>]</xsl:if> </xsl:element> </xsl:element> <xsl:apply-templates select="propertySpecs/PropertySpecNode"> <xsl:sort select="shortName"/> </xsl:apply-templates> </xsl:element> </xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>\[/code\]Here I want to create create incremental unique number for ID attributes of Item element for each containerSpecNode just like "Tree_node_1" , "Tree_Node_2" and so on... Here I modified code like this.\[code\]. . . . . .<xsl:element name="item"><xsl:variable name="count"> <xsl:number/> </xsl:variable> <xsl:attribute name="id"><xsl:value-of select="'Tree_Node_'"/><xsl:value-of select="$count+1"/></xsl:attribute>\[/code\]It increments count value but not for all ContainerSpecNode. Some ID have duplicate value.I want create for each ContainerSpecNode. How can i do this.Can I use for-each loop? and How?

Back