FTP and Dreamweaver

windows

Hi there... <br />
<br />
I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance. I'm building a website in Dreamweaver and have ftp'd the front page html file and graphics. I created the folder public_html (as required on the server) and inside of it are my index.html as well as a file: Graphics, which contains all of the jpg's for the page. The page loads the format (table), but the banner and rollover buttons only show as broken links to all of the graphics. I've tried several things to remedy it but no go. The page works fine when I test it offline in a browser.<br />
<br />
Any ideas or suggestions? <br />
<br />
Thanks for any help you can give me. <br />
Marlaine<!--content-->you have a folder named "graphics"?<br />
<br />
if so then are you must call your images like this: "graphics/imagename.jpg"<br />
<br />
if you are doing that, then make sure that the "graphics" folder is indeed on the server, and that all the images are indeed in that folder.<!--content-->Make sure there is no "/" before graphics<br />
"/graphics/imagename.jpg" -- NO<br />
"graphics/imagename.jpg" -- YES<br />
<br />
Also, I'd suggest, when you test your site locally -- using the hard drive on your computer, shut down Dreamweaver. Don't use<br />
File - Preview in Browser (F12)<br />
I also use Dreamweaver; sometimes things work when I preview with F12, but when I shut down, or I open the page from the directory -- things don't work.<!--content-->Thank you both for the tips. I'll have another go at it and let you know what happens. Looks like it's the "/" in front of graphics in the image names. Hopefully, this will resolve the problem. Haven't built a website in a while and obviously I've forgotten some of the little details!<br />
<br />
Thanks again.<br />
Marlaine<!--content-->Okay...the removal of the "/" did the trick! It's all up and running just fine. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get Dreamweaver to stop putting those slashes into the html.<br />
<br />
Thanks again for the help.<br />
<br />
Marlaine<!--content-->In Dreamweaver go to<br />
Site -- Edit Sites -- check the name of your site -- click on Edit.<br />
On<br />
Local Info<br />
are your<br />
Local Root Folder<br />
and<br />
Default Image Folder<br />
set correctly?<br />