From zero to Java > Spring > Hibernate for web

bombom

Ok... so here's my actual status:Been a PHP Scripter for way too long, I think I cover the basis, Good practices (structure, commenting, indenting, workplan, etc), OOP, MVC, security and a fair knowledge of PL/SQL. But never seen a single line of java code and it's time to do some kind of voodoo to "learn XYZ in 21 seconds". The goal is to write a full and complex application (I'm working for a global company) over MVC with lots of different patterns, also use of ORM, cache and persistence. That's why I want to know which books to read for learning THE THEORY of Java then Spring and later Hibernate. Then the practice and endless debugging hours will give me more knowledge as with any other thing I've learned so far. Any help (not jokes about being a PHPer) would be HIGHLY appreciated.In short I want to know how to design a scalable web application with Java using (JBoss?) Spring+HibernateAlso I don't want to star flames about what's best/worst and differences, just a few ISBN #s or links that point me in the right direction for learning... I have time, I just don't have any knowledge of where to start.TIA!Edit:Ok, first at all thanks for the answers. Second I think I wasn't clear, I don't want to learn in 21 seconds (that was just reference for those "lear XYZ in 21 days"), I know is a lenghty process. I started programming back in 1998 with basic and pascal, then I learned C++, then came HTML/Javascript and PHP since 2003 I write only in PHP. That's why I want to move on maybe 1.5/2 years to Java and in here is Spring and Hibernate are the norm, so I was thinking:1) Try XXXX to learn how CORRECTLY set up YYYY to start running Java2) Read AAAA, BBBB, CCCC to embrace Java3) XXXX, YYYY and ZZZZ are good for spring4) Maybe AAAA, BBBB and CCCC could help in HibernateAlso I know that I have to stay in front of you monitor like 8..12 hour daily PRACTICING and you'll be able to say "Hello world" in "n" langs pulled from the database abstracted in an object in the view called from a template in memory stored by the front controller using a couple of extended models.And one more thing, I ask this because I love to program... it gives back a lot. I'm not a professional and I have the luck to earn some money and work with real professionals, but they are jealous of me because I'm an administrative guy who earns a couple of bucks in his extra time. That's why I'm asking in here and not to them.Thanks again.

Back