Framework 2.0, 1.1 difference causing datagrid to different compile

liunx

HI all,

I have been coding in 1.1 for a long time. I saw the new fw 2.0 i Download ed to my developement machine and did some more coding on datagrid. My codings included high amount of javascript coding.

When i copied over (full code files and the dll files) my coding over to the live server that runs 1.1 i noticed the code was compiled differently causing my javascript code to crash. I noticed the datagrid child object like the labels textboxes and dropdownlists got different naming method.

I noticed that if my datagrid is called datagrid1, in 2.0 the object Ids shows up as datagrid1_ctl**_||||| as ** representing the line number and |||| representing the objects code id.

in 1.1 datagrid1__ctl**_||||| having 2 _ underscore causing my javascript code to crash because it was coded in 2.0

AS in example here is some codes : compiled in 2.0

for datagrid1 id shows as id="DataGrid1" and the label turns into <span id="DataGrid1_ctl02_lblPlate_State">CA</span>

compiled in 2.0

for datagrid1 id shows as id="DataGrid1" and the label turns into id="DataGrid1__ctl2_Label4">1</span>

Now here comes something wierder in the same project some of the code changes to have __ and some changes to _ which i understood that the ones that doesnt change were made before the upgrade to 2.0 causing the compile skip modifying those pages.(not sure if im explainin this part perfectly but its not the main problem)

Please help me find if this a legit change or not, if it is i have to go back and update my codes. If not help what am i doing different.

Note: i know my framework is 1.1 or 2.0 looking in IIS settings for aspx files2.0 was supposed to be able to get all 1.1 files and compile it perfectly. It seems as though this isn't the case. I've seen many beta testers have the same problem. Their solution was to revert back to 1.1.

Back