Framesets causing Browser History problems

liunx

i have designed a intranet site using framesets<br />
<br />
all the links, navigation work perfectly except when going backwards and forwards in the browser history, you need to click twice every time instead of just once to get the left frame and the main frame to match each other. <br />
<br />
This is quiet frustrating because it makes a nonsense of the site with navbars that don't match the main body of the page,<br />
<br />
please help!!<br />
<br />
what do i need to do, what code and where does it go amongst the code i allready have?<!--content-->Methinks you're using JavaScript to switchout two frames. Use the non-JavaScript method instead.<!--content-->what is the non-JavaScript method? <br />
<br />
in dreamweaver i'm using the go to URL in behaviours panel to get two frames to appear with one click from the navbars in the top and left frame<br />
<br />
and from the main frame i'm using javascript code as below <a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"sidemenuteam1.htm"<br />
onClick="window.self.location='team.htm'" target="leftFrame"><br />
<br />
hope this makes sense<!--content-->Ah, there's the problem. You need to stop using Dreamweaver and learn HTML.Your links need to replace all or, in the case of nested framesets, part of the frameset. The idea is to make a new frameset document just like the old one but with the different files.<!--content-->

Back