framesets and transparent background

windows

hi,<br />
i've been searching everywhere but couldn't find a solution. I hope someone out there knows...<br />
my layout contains a transparent iframe and 1 of the pages in the iframe has 2 frames, top and bottom. The top is for the flash menu, the bottom is the targeted html pg. Both of these frames are transparent but when i put them together in a frameset they have a white background....is there such thing as transparent framesets?? I've tried allowtransparency="true" which does nothing,and <body style="background-color:transparent;background-image:none;"> (my frameset inside here)</body> which wipes out the whole page. <br />
<br />
here's my frameset page<br />
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>dollz</TITLE></HEAD><br />
<frameset framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0"<br />
rows="60,*"><frame name="menu" <br />
target="main" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" <br />
marginheight="0" src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"dollztop.html" ><frame name="main" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" <br />
scrolling="auto" src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"dollzmain.html" target="_self"><br />
</frameset></HTML><br />
<br />
I hope i explained it clearly...i'm a newbie and don't know the proper terms.<br />
Thanks, i'd appreciate any input :)<!--content-->is there such thing as transparent framesets??<br />
<br />
Hi,<br />
I think you're a little confused (it happens)...<br />
<br />
Firstly, frames are not in themselves pages...<br />
<br />
A frame is where you can display a page. So if you have three frames (TOP, LEFT & RIGHT for example) on your browser, you will display three html pages (one in each frame).<br />
<br />
The information that is required to set-up your frames is contained in your default html page (usually something like index.html).<br />
<br />
When you click a button on your LEFT frame to load a page into the RIGHT frame for instance, you set up the HREF as normal for the page you want that button to load. But you add the "TARGET" tag to it with the name of the frame you want it to appear in (EG. target="leftFrame")<br />
<br />
Do you follow me?<br />
<br />
Secondly, there is no such thing as a transparent background...<br />
<br />
Basically because it's not necessary. Any page without it's background colour (and image) property set will be white (the colour may depend on how your users browser is setup).<br />
<br />
You can set it as follows...<br />
<br />
<body bgcolor="#cccccc"><br />
...<br />
...<br />
</body><br />
<br />
or for a background image...<br />
<br />
<body background="image.gif"><br />
...<br />
...<br />
</body><br />
<br />
So, for your three pages in your three frames you can set a different colour and/or background image for each page if you want.<br />
<br />
The transparency properties you referred to are to do with the use of images which can be transparent (usually gif images). This is useful because you don't have to match the background colour of your image or animation to the background colour of your web pages and generally they look awful on top of a background image.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps, if you need further help let me know. I check my e-mail notifications pretty regularly.<br />
<br />
Best of luck...<!--content-->Hi thanks for looking into this,<br />
<br />
but I don't think you understand... my site's at<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://s88077848.onlinehome.us/dollzsite/mycollection.html">http://s88077848.onlinehome.us/dollzsit ... ction.html</a><!-- m --><br />
if you want to see it. I used framesets on the "regular" link inorder to have the flash menu. If I didn't use framesets I was able to get a transparent bg like in the "intro" page. I've asked around and and tried many commands which didn't work, which lead me to think that there's no transparency with framesets. So what I did instead was just use a regular bg.<br />
<br />
BTW right now I'm trying to put up a tagboard, but I don't know how to Chmode a file.<br />
Thanks, Sarafina<!--content-->

Back