Frames, scroll bars and Back Buttons

windows

Hi all! <br />
<br />
I'm looking for a script that will allow me to apply a scrollbar to a portion of my HTML page... essentially like a frameset works in that you can prevent some frames from scrolling <SCROLL=NO> while only allowing one frame to scroll. <br />
<br />
I am going this route because when building the frameset, I realized that when the browser's "Back" button is hit, only one frame goes back, as opposed to all. <br />
<br />
Does anyone know a script that would force the browser back button to reload ALL previous frames with one hit? <br />
<br />
If that isn't possible then I'm looking for a script that can be set to scroll only a portion of an HTML page. <br />
<br />
<br />
Help anybody? <br />
<br />
Thanks! <br />
<br />
<br />
Nicole Ulrick<!--content-->you can do something like that with a button:<br />
<br />
<script language=javascript><br />
function ReLoads(){<br />
var fram1 = parent.tops; // a frame named tops;<br />
var fram2 = parent.bottom; // a frame named bottom;<br />
fram1.location.reload(); // frame named tops reloads<br />
fram2.location.reload(); // frame named bottom reloads<br />
location.reload(); // frame with button reloads<br />
}<br />
</script><br />
<br />
<button onClick=ReLoads()>reload frames</button><!--content-->Originally posted by Nulrick <br />
I'm looking for a script that will allow me to apply a scrollbar to a portion of my HTML page... essentially like a frameset works in that you can prevent some frames from scrolling <SCROLL=NO> while only allowing one frame to scroll. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<div style="width:100px; height:100px; overflow:auto;"><br />
If you add a lot of content in here it will give a scrollbar to show the stuff that doesn't fit otherwise. No Javascript required...<br />
</div><!--content-->

Back