Frames links

admin

Administrator
Staff member
hi...<br />
<br />
I currently have set up 3 frames, 1 frame consisting of nagivation links. The other 2 frames is where the information appears when clicked on the nagivation words. <br />
<br />
What I need to know is how do I make 1 link load up different pages in 2 different frames. <br />
<br />
"Software"---this is the nagivation word to <br />
click on.<br />
2 frames---"MainFrame" & "BottomFrame"<br />
<br />
I need to be able to click on the "Software" word, & it will load a web page in "MainFrame" & a different web page in "BottomFrame".<br />
<br />
the code at the moment looks like this:<br />
<br />
<div align="center"><a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"software.html" <br />
target="mainFrame"><font size="5" <br />
color="#CCCCCC"><b><font color="#0099CC" <br />
face="Footlight MT Light, <br />
Garamond"><i>Software</i></font></b><br />
</font></a></div><br />
<br />
Please help...I would really apprecaite it.<br />
<br />
Thank you<br />
Ruby<br />
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --><!--content-->Hi.<br />
<br />
<div align="center"><a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"javascript:parent.MainFrame.location='software.html';parent.BottomFrame.location='different-page.html'"><font size="5" <br />
color="#CCCCCC"><b><font color="#0099CC" <br />
face="Footlight MT Light, <br />
Garamond"><i>Software</i></font></b> <br />
</font></a></div><br />
<br />
good luck.<!--content-->Hi Ian...thanks for your help, but it does not work properly. <br />
<br />
I have inserted the code you gave me and when I preview it in my browser ......I click on the "Software" link...it loads a page in my nagivation frame, saying "Blank.hmtl"....and on the bottomframe is says:<br />
"The page cannot be found <br />
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."<br />
<br />
The page does exist, it is in the same directory as the index.html.<br />
<br />
Please help me.....<br />
<br />
Thank you<br />
Ruby<!--content-->Hi Ruby,<br />
Sounds like the two pages are changing correcty, you just have an error in your url maybe. The best thing to do is upload it to your site and check it. If you can do that, please post your url and I'll look at it for you.<br />
Thanks.<!--content-->Hi Ian..<br />
<br />
I have been unable to upload my files, due to server problems. I will try again tommorrow.<br />
<br />
But if I try it on my PC, shouldnt it work before I upload the files.<br />
<br />
The "Blank.html" page should load in the bottomFrame and "software.html" in the mainFrame. At the moment "Blank.html" loads in the nagivation frame(this is where the software link is) and an error message in the bottomFrame.<br />
<br />
Is there anyway I could send you my files, so you could take a look please. I am going mad sitting here trying to work it out, and I am so glad you are helping me out. I am so grateful.<br />
<br />
Thank you very much <br />
<br />
Ruby<br />
<br />
ps.i have attached a zip file, with all my files in it. Open up the index.html and see what happens when you click on the Software word.<br />
I dont know if this file will reach you, but I am attaching it anyway. Thanks again<!--content-->sorry Ian..I was unable to attach all my files, so I have attached the files that I think you might need to see what I mean.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
ruby<!--content-->

Back