Frames and the Title bar

liunx

This is either simple and easy to do, or impossible, I don't know yet.<br />
How to I get my title bar (at the top of the screen) to update with my different pages when I'm using frames. By default, the frameset page always takes the title bar, but I want individual pages to display their title.<!--content-->Put this in the header of your individual pages:<br />
<br />
<br />
<script type="text/javascript"><br />
<!-- <br />
top.document.title = document.title;<br />
// --><br />
</script><!--content-->Cool. I didn't now how to do that either. Might be handy someday. Never given it a thought before.<!--content-->Thanks, exactly what I wanted.<!--content-->Another idea is to have a frame update the titlebar every time a page or site is loaded into it...<br />
<br />
try the following where the <frame> is the frame that you will have the user surf your site in:<br />
<br />
<frame name= blah width&height=yada yada onload="top.document.title='MySite.com - [ '+this.document.title+' ]';"><br />
<br />
Then you can just give a <title></title> in every document you want and it your site's toolbar will be automatically updated...<br />
<br />
It will even be updated if they click on a link you put there and they goto another site that stays loaded in your frameset...<!--content-->

Back