Frames and Forms

Hi,<br />
<br />
I am generating HTML from a Perl program, trying to use frames. My 'left' frame is a form. When it is submitted, I want my program to generate a new HTML page, but it only appears within the original frame. Is there any way to consistently update all the frames in my page, without getting into an ever-diminishing loop of web pages appearing within my 'left' page?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br />
<br />
jimbut;)<!--content-->Where are you submitting your form to?...<!--content-->The form is submitted to a local web server (Xitami) via cgi-bin, which has been running fine for all my unframed forms.<!--content-->In transitional DTD's you can use a target attribute in form that way it can be updated from the server whenever submitted?<!--content-->Thanks for your reply, Khalid. I think I can see what you're getting at, but I am a 'babe in the woods' with HTML. This is my first attempt at producing a web page, and my understanding of UNFRAMING and TARGET is not greatly enhanced by the textbook I bought.<br />
<br />
I think I have to use <BASE TARGET="_top"> somewhere in either one or all of my 4 framed html documents, but I am confused about which, where and when. Can you provide an example?<br />
<br />
The good news is that there appears to be a solution to my problem - I was beginning to wonder, as NOT using frames would make my application much more unwieldy.<br />
<br />
I should elaborate on the scenario:<br />
<br />
I am trying to achieve the following:<br />
In my application, a user clicks on a 'Paysheet' button. The server then issues the 4 framed documents in a nested frameset. Only the 'left' document is a form. The top and bottom documents are static, and the right document displays a table of calculations based on data entered in the 'left' frame. On 'submit' of the form, I want my application to redisplay the four frames after recalculating the figures. On another button, I want all the framed documents to be replaced by the display of another unframed document.<br />
<br />
I hope this is helpful.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
<br />
jimbut<!--content-->Anybody??<!--content-->If anyone is interested, I have solved my problem with a <BASE TARGET="_top"> tag in the header of my form document. It blew all the other frames away. <br />
<br />
How about the 'pou, eh? Go the aussies.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
<br />
Jimbut :)<!--content-->

Back