frame target problem- Help!

liunx

Need a smarter head. Heres my problem:<br />
I have a frames page that has some links that should take you to full new pages outside the frames page. I have these targeted as "_blank".<br />
<br />
In Netscape, these pages open in the minimized state- seen on the bar, but not open on-screen.<br />
<br />
In MSIE, they open in the 1/2 size, leaving the user to enlarge them. <br />
<br />
Obviously there is something missing from my books as well as my understanding. Possibly a totally different approach, or? Help, anyone?? <br />
<br />
Don<!--content-->usually this happens when another method (READ javascript) has been used to open a window. The browser seems to remember the last size, and open _blank windows in that. <br />
<br />
You could use javascript to spawn the new window, and declare its size and so forth.<!--content-->Hmm- I doubt if Java is responsible for this, as it occurs consistently, including when no javascripts or applets have been run from a clean start. But- open to all and any ideas!<br />
<br />
Don<!--content-->what I am saying is that your browser cache may have some stuff left in it. When I use target="_blank" the new window opens to the last known size.<!--content-->

Back