frame size depend on screen size

liunx

Is there a simple way to make the frame size always fit the screen size. I have four frames - 2 row of tabs across the top, 1 frame down the left with thumbnails, and a fourth with images. I have two sets of images 800x600 and 400x300 to use as well as 72x72 thumbnails.<br />
<br />
Any suggestions?<br />
<br />
Can I use javascript to build frame dimensions and execute separate html for the 8x6 when it fits screen and execute the 4x3 otherwise?<br />
<br />
Appreciate the help.<br />
<br />
RON C<!--content-->I already answered this in the last post.<br />
<br />
<FRAMESET frameborder="0" cols="72,720" border=NO> <br />
<br />
to <br />
<br />
<FRAMESET frameborder="0" cols="10%,*" border=NO><br />
<br />
have to play around with the values but you should get the idea. also the 10% is the top frame and the bottom frame will take up the rest hence *<!--content-->Sorry but this does not solve my problem. I should have mentioned that the client want NO scrolling at all... I need a way to choose which set of images to use 800x600 or 600x400 and then make it all work.<br />
<br />
I'm using the snippet full_screen code from your site to get the full use of the screen but still need to have NO scrolling.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your patience.<br />
<br />
RON C<!--content-->if you are opening a 800x600 image in a 800x600 screen resolution, I wouldn't do it in frames. you will never get away from the scrolling. just open a popup window to accomplish that. and use thumbnails in the frames to simulate the picture. but you have to play around with the 10% to get it so it won't have a scroll bar. I just guessed at that size<!--content-->For 800x600 or smaller screen resolution, I'd like to use the 600x400 images. For larger screens, use the 800x600.<br />
<br />
I have two sets of images.<br />
<br />
RON C<!--content-->if you open any of those pictures up in this <br />
<br />
<FRAMESET frameborder="0" cols="72,720" border=NO><br />
<br />
you will get scroll bars. because if my screen resolution is 640x480 and you made it 720 width of the frame it will scroll. if I had 800x600 and you opened it up in the 720 width frame it will scroll. the 800 is including the 72 you used for the left.<!--content-->Scoutt,<br />
<br />
Hope I'm not trying your patience too much. I'd like the frames to be opened dynamically like:<br />
<br />
screens >= 1024 width image 800x600<br />
<FRAMESET frameborder="0" cols="72,860" border=NO> <br />
<br />
screens < 1024 width && >= 800 width image 600x400<br />
<FRAMESET frameborder="0" cols="72,720" border=NO> <br />
<br />
screens < 800 width image 400x300<br />
<FRAMESET frameborder="0" cols="72,520" border=NO> <br />
<br />
this means I need three sets of images.<br />
<br />
Can I use script to open depending on screen size? Then execute a set of pages that understand the size and choose the correct image?<br />
<br />
Thanks for help.<br />
RON C<!--content-->yes you can but I am not sure if it will work with frames. when our resident javascript expert "jon hanlon" comes in maybe he will know. other than that I don't have any idea. I know you can in regualar pages but not frames.<br />
<br />
sorry I wasn't that much help. :rolleyes:<!--content-->

Back