Frame problems with refresh and loading

liunx

Hi I have developed a tab menu which uses frames. If I am not on the main page and I press refresh I am taken back to the main page ( the original frame page). Is is possble to make it stay on the same page when refresh is pressed when using frames? <br />
<br />
Also, when I am loading a page into these frames the backgound appears white and there is a lot of flashing before the page appears. Is this a problem with using frames as I have set all backgrounds to the color I want - not white?<!--content-->You have just described a large proportion of the reasons why I don't use frames, especially for navigation.<br />
<br />
Why do you need to use frames for your site? It is just to lower the file size? Ditch the frames and just include the navigation on your actual pages, that way you won't have that problem when you refresh the page.<!--content-->Thanks but I don't think I can ditch the frames as I am using HTML with an application for reports. The top frame allows the user to make selections on criteria through dropdowns for a report and this re-loads each time the user selects anything. The second frame holds the report which only loads when the user selects run from the first frame...<!--content-->Allow the user to make the selections on just a normal page, then when they want to see what they have so far, just have them click a button and a pop-up window can open.<br />
You could even have a pop-up open constantly and just re-write the source for it for every change they make.<!--content-->

Back