Frame Padding

liunx

Hey everyone! I am new here. I am working on a website and I like centering my layout in the center of the browser using frames (top, left, right, bottom, main frame in the middle) the thing is that I dont want the padding that comes around the frames (the buffer between where an image can go and where the frame starts/ends. How can I get rid of it?<!--content-->You can put <br />
<br />
<frame src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"yourdoc.html" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"> <br />
<br />
in the frameset document for all the frames, otherwise a border will appear.<br />
<br />
Watch it for browser compatibility though: Navigator 3 and 4 as well as IE 4 and 5 treat the FRAMEBORDER attribute a little differently. Frameborder=yes means to use a three dimensional border, while frameborder=no means a plain border. These are non-standard HTML extensions.(Quoted from my trusty reference book) ;)<br />
<br />
I've done it with pretty good results, but I'm still working on a way to make it work in different resolutions.<br />
<br />
Good luck<!--content-->Thanks, but I don't think it is the border specifically...Lets say I have 3 frames right next to each other and I want 1 picture in each frame to line up and look seamless...the frames wont allow it because of the margins...<!--content-->Once I had a frameset of nine frames (don't ask why!) and used bricks as a background in the eight frames surrounding the main frame. The whole page looked like a brick wall (pretty good, too), with a big window and no gaps or seams between the frames. <br />
<br />
Maybe I'm not understanding your problem, or maybe I had to do something additional. I'll check and get back. Have you set the scrollbar=no attribute for the frames?<!--content-->make sure in the body of each page you have set the margins to zero.<br />
<br />
<br />
<body marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 topmargin=0 bottommargin=0><!--content-->Originally posted by Dr. Web <br />
make sure in the body of each page you have set the margins to zero.<br />
<br />
<br />
<body marginheight=0 marginwidth=0 leftmargin=0 rightmargin=0 topmargin=0 bottommargin=0><br />
<br />
<br />
Are marginheight and marginwidth valid attributes for the body tag? I thought that they were frame attributes.<!--content-->they set the margins for netscape.<!--content-->Originally posted by Mitchacho <br />
Thanks, but I don't think it is the border specifically...Lets say I have 3 frames right next to each other and I want 1 picture in each frame to line up and look seamless...the frames wont allow it because of the margins... <br />
do you have an example?<!--content-->

Back