Frame Appearance and Screen Resolution

liunx

Hey guys,<br />
okay, here's the problem. I am developing a webpage which has four nested frames; top, left, bottom and of course main. Each frame has a background image so when the page is loaded, it gives the effect that the top, left and bottom frames are all one joining picture. Now, I am searching and have been brainstorming for the past few weeks on ways to make the page display so that the background images do not tile when the screen resolution varies, ( I have used the bgproperties=fixed command in the <BACKGROUND> tag). What is happening is that when the resolution changes, the background images still tile and the whole page's design is stuffed! This is for a corporate business so I require the page to look how it is meant to for all viewers despite their screen resolution. I have considered that perhaps I have to use JavaScript to automatically detect the user's screen resolution and then redirect them to the appropriate page. However, is there a way that you can size frames in the same manner as tables...i.e width=100% etc... I would deeply appreciate anyones help on this since this is an important and crucial assignment for me. Thankyou for your time.<!--content-->unless you check for resolution and load the appropriate background for that resolution then no you can't stop it from tiling.<br />
<br />
as far as the frame you have to you wildcards. either the * or %<br />
<br />
like so<br />
<br />
<frameset cols="23%,77%" frameborder="0" border="0"><br />
<br />
see it has to equal 100% this way it doesn't matter the resolution it will always be 23% of that resolution or 77% of it.<br />
<br />
<frameset cols="23%,*" frameborder="0" border="0"><br />
<br />
the * loads whatever is left from 23%.<!--content-->Thanks for the help,<br />
Another question though, can you solve this problem using CSS or layers, or any other webpage authoring language for that fact? I have seen it done of numerous sites and that is what I am trying to achieve. Nevertheless, thankyou very much for your help!<!--content-->

Back