forms works fine but another prob

liunx

Hi-<br />
<br />
I have this form that works perfectly fine. I just want the page to change when I click the SUBMIT button. I don't like the 404 page that it becomes. I want form page to turn into the thankyou.html page.<br />
<br />
how? here is my source code:<br />
<br />
<form name="WINDOW-owner" action="cgi-bin/fblite002.cgi" method="post"><br />
<input type="hidden" name="owner" value="[email protected]"><br />
<div class="formtext">TO: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --></div><br />
<div class="formtext">FR: <input name:"useremail" type="text" size="30" value="Enter Your E-mail address here"></div><br />
<div class="formtext"><textarea rows="7" cols="45" name="QUESTIONS" wrap="virtual"></textarea></div><br />
<div class="formtext"><input type="submit" value="Submit">&nbsp; <input type="reset" value="Reset"> &nbsp; <br />
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Close" onClick="window.close()"></div><br />
</form><br />
<br />
Thanks, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content--><form name="WINDOW-owner" action="cgi-bin/fblite002.cgi" method="post"> <br />
<input type="hidden" name="owner" value="[email protected]"> <br />
<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="http://www.mywebpage.com/thanks.html"><br />
<div class="formtext">TO: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --></div> <br />
<div class="formtext">FR: <input name:"useremail" type="text" size="30" value="Enter Your E-mail address here"></div> <br />
<div class="formtext"><textarea rows="7" cols="45" name="QUESTIONS" wrap="virtual"></textarea></div> <br />
<div class="formtext"><input type="submit" value="Submit"> <input type="reset" value="Reset"> <br />
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Close" onClick="window.close()"></div> <br />
</form> <br />
<br />
<br />
notice the <input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="http://www.mywebpage.com/thanks.html"> added on there? try it it should work :) hope it helps ya<!--content-->why does every one think that using a hidden input saying redirect will work. it will not work<br />
<br />
the cgi scripts that the form sends to has to have the redirect page in it and you don't know if it will read the hidden input field or not.<br />
<br />
so Thee Gandalf, in the cgi script you need to be able to redirect to the page you want. what is in it that gives you the 404 page?<!--content-->Ah, yes I was just replying to say the hidden redirect suggestion did not work.<br />
<br />
okay, here is the entire script:<br />
<br />
<body><br />
<form name="WINDOW-owner" action="cgi-bin/fblite002.cgi" method="post"> <br />
<input type="hidden" name="owner" value="[email protected]"> <br />
<div class="formtext">TO: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --></div> <br />
<div class="formtext">FR: <input name:"useremail" type="text" size="30" value="Enter Your E-mail address here"></div> <br />
<div class="formtext"><textarea rows="7" cols="45" name="QUESTIONS" wrap="virtual"></textarea></div> <br />
<div class="formtext"><input type="submit" value="Submit"> <input type="reset" value="Reset"> <br />
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Close" onClick="window.close()"></div> <br />
</form> <br />
<br />
</body><br />
<br />
Ty, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->About the CGI script...I have no idea why it gives me a 404 page. I just emplemented it in the site.<br />
<br />
You want to see it?<br />
<br />
G<br />
:D<!--content-->Another thing, I am using this script on another site and it works just fine. So what I did was copy and pasted the CGI that worked into my text editor and then altered the appropriate lines. However, it doesn't work. I've gone back over it for typos and am now thinking about deleting the CGI that doesn't work and starting again with a fresh copy of the original.<br />
<br />
G<!--content-->I figured it out. It WAS in fact a CGI problem. <br />
<br />
Thanks, Gandalf<br />
:D<!--content-->

Back