Forms within frames

liunx

Hi,<br />
I have drop down select form in a frame on a page and when I select a value and I want to post the selected value to another frame within the same page. How can I include the target frame within the action description?<br />
Thanks<!--content-->Hah, I've done something like this before............ it's floating around in there somewhere (in my brain, that is!) <br />
Can you describe what you want to happen once you have submitted the information??<br />
And if anyone else can help, please do, since it will take alot of digging to reach those ancient thoughts...........<!--content-->basically, when i select a value from the menu in frame 1 i want frame 2's drop down menu's content to change accordingly i.e. if a certain team is picked in frame 1 the menu in frame 2 loads the player names for that team. So i need to pass the selected team name to frame 2.<br />
Any ideas?<br />
Thanks<!--content-->I know what you mean................. I have a similar thing at home, I can e-mail it to you if you want, or post it up here tomorrow. Sorry - I can't get to my own computer at this moment in time. I definately have the solution though!<!--content-->i appreciate that but i need asap, can u even point me in the right direction?<!--content-->Can you post on here what you already have? I only have about 5 minutes :(<!--content-->it's ok, thanks again, i appreciate it, there's 2 many files 2 post and explain... if u can send on the solution when u get a chance that be great<!--content-->Sorry - I've got to go. Do you know how to do a similar thing, but with two forms within the same frame? If so, change the document.forms.formname.select etc. to document.frames.left.forms.formname.... where the frame you want to reference is called 'left'<br />
<br />
Hope this helps<!--content-->Hey, hope you're still out there................ I've found what you're looking for and put the code below. I've just realised that you wanted the first list to be a drop-down menu, but my version currently has radio buttons for this part, hope this is OK!<br />
<br />
Claire<br />
<br />
frameset.html<br />
<frameset cols=*,*><br />
<frame name="left" src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"toggle2.html"><br />
<frame name="right" src=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"toggle.html"><br />
</frameset><br />
<br />
toggle.html<br />
<HTML><br />
<HEAD><br />
<script type="text/javascript"><br />
<!--<br />
parent.frames.left.document.onclick = setlists;<br />
function setlists() {<br />
if(parent.frames.left.document.f.rad[0].checked) setlist0();<br />
if(parent.frames.left.document.f.rad[1].checked) setlist1();<br />
}<br />
<br />
function setlist0() {<br />
with ( document.f.s.options[0] ) {<br />
selected=true; text="Select item..."; value="";<br />
}<br />
with ( document.f.s.options[1] ) {<br />
text="Item 1a"; value="";<br />
}<br />
with ( document.f.s.options[2] ) {<br />
text="Item 1b"; value="";<br />
}<br />
with ( document.f.s.options[3] ) {<br />
text="Item 1c"; value="";<br />
}<br />
}<br />
<br />
function setlist1() {<br />
with ( document.f.s.options[0] ) {<br />
selected=true; text="Select item..."; value="";<br />
}<br />
with ( document.f.s.options[1] ) {<br />
text="Item 2a"; value="";<br />
}<br />
with ( document.f.s.options[2] ) {<br />
text="Item 2b"; value="";<br />
}<br />
with ( document.f.s.options[3] ) {<br />
text="Item 2c"; value="";<br />
}<br />
}<br />
//--><br />
</script><br />
</HEAD><br />
<BODY><br />
<form name="f"><br />
<input type="radio" name="rad" onclick="setlists()"><br />
List 1<BR><br />
<input type="radio" name="rad" onclick="setlists()"><br />
List 2<BR><BR><br />
<select name="s"><br />
<option value="" selected>Select list</option><br />
<option value=""></option><br />
</select><BR><BR><br />
</form><br />
</BODY><br />
</HTML><br />
<br />
toggle2.html<br />
<form name="f"><br />
<input type="radio" name="rad"><br />
List 1<BR><br />
<input type="radio" name="rad"><br />
List 2<BR><BR><br />
</form><br />
<br />
(Sorry - couldn't work out how to attach the files!)<!--content-->cheers claire,<br />
thanks for that,<br />
i got it up and running already though just using action='' and target='' so i'm happy but thanks for your help 2<!--content-->

Back