forms to help check

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I need help! Someone in another forum continualy tells me this code will not work in any browsers that it is useless.<br />
<br />
<textarea name="comments" rows="3" cols="35" style="background:none;border:0;">Welcome</textarea><br />
<br />
However,I built my forms in IE5.0 and this type of coding works both on and offline.<br />
<br />
Can someone tell me what browser it doesn't work on or why it shouldn't work?<br />
<br />
Please try it first.Before making your comment.<br />
<br />
<br />
DHCS (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freewebs.com/dhcs/funmail/funmail.html">http://www.freewebs.com/dhcs/funmail/funmail.html</a><!-- m -->) <br />
My whole web site runs these on evry form and I don't see why it works fine for me but supposedly not for eveyone else.Any help would be greatly appreciated.<!--content-->it won't work in NS4.xx as it doesn't recognise the border.<br />
<br />
<br />
edit: sorry, I was in a hurry, it will still be functional but it won't make the borders go away like it does in IE.<!--content-->In Netscape4 the user will get the borders, but don't worry. The users of netscape 4 are used to the look and feel of the white box with borders, so they won't miss anything. The visitors using NS6/7 or MSIE browsers (by far the majority) will be able to enjoy the layout you created. I would not hesitate to go with it..<br />
<br />
Also, functionality will be the same in both browsers (layout different)<!--content-->Can you show me a screen shot to see how the layout is different?<br />
<br />
<br />
Anyway,<br />
Thank you both very much!!!<br />
It's been an ongoing dispute in another forum.Why some people believe their way is the only way I have no idea.<br />
Thanks for the input I'll continue to go with it for IE at least.hehe<br />
<br />
The reason I asked is mostly because my computer doesn't recognise background-color:transparent or background-color:0 when I program it as above. <br />
But majority rules hehe 3-1 good odds for me.<br />
Thanks again<!--content-->all you have to do is take the style out and that is what it looks like in NS. the next thing I don't believe the textarea can do transparent and there is not such thing as background-color:0<!--content-->thank you scoutt<br />
I should show this to the bone head in the other forum.<br />
Your help has been greatly appreciated.<br />
Thanks again<!--content-->you're quite welcome :)<!--content-->

Back