forms and OE6

liunx

I am trying to use the "mail to" action with a form I am putting on a web site... I know it isn't as good as a cgi but for now it will have to do:( <br />
anyway.. I tested it out, and it brings up my email but the mssg is blank...no data....<br />
any ideas?<br />
<br />
<form method="POST" action="mailto:myemail"><br />
<br />
<form action="mailto:[email protected]" enctype="text/plain"><br />
<br />
neither of the above work.... I am using OE6<!--content-->You need to type in the message after the emial program opens, or if you have various text input fileds with your form they will be sent as an attachment with the email. You might be able to auto fill the message of the email using javascript, but I don't know how to do that myself.<!--content-->yes i have various text input areas in the form... they are not showing up in the email.... thats the prob.<br />
I have used this type of form in the past and it worked..not sure why it doesn't anymore...<br />
new ISP, newer OE, ...????<!--content-->The basic form is: <a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"mailto:[email protected]?subject=about something">Link Text</a> to add information to the basic mailto command.<br />
<br />
<br />
As well as the Subject, there are additional fields available for Cc, Bcc, and message body.<br />
<br />
<br />
Use Google to find a tutorial.<!--content-->yeah... I have looked a many tutorials, and I have tried most of the form tecniques they suggest... none have worked so far. I searched in this forum (something i should have done before i posted!)and saw many posts with the same problem....<br />
I am thinking it is a problem with OE6...as the last time I used this type of form was with an earlier version and it worked.... so who knows....<br />
If anyone is able to make it work with OE6... let me know.<br />
:D<!--content-->

Back