forms and iframes

liunx

Hi, quick question (hopefully)<br />
<br />
Can I put form fields into an iframe source file when the form tags are in the parent file?<br />
<br />
ie:<br />
<br />
<form name="sectionupdate" method="post" action="sectionupdate.asp" onSubmit="return validate()"><br />
<tr><br />
<td class="newheader">Project Link<br><br />
<textarea cols="78" rows="4" name="project" class="newbody"><%If request("addupdate") <> "add" and blnreload = 1 Then%><%=replace(rscontent("projectdetails"), "^", "'")%><%End If%></textarea><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td class="newheader">Project<br><br />
<IFRAME SRC=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"adminprojectdetails.asp?id=<%=bitcontid%>" TITLE="project" width="98%" frameborder=0 align=top background="images/mainbg.gif" height=300 scrolling=yes marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 class="newbody"><br />
</IFRAME><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
<br />
<tr><br />
<td class="newheader">Add/Update?<br><br />
Add&nbsp;<input type="radio" name="addupdate" value="add" class="newbody"<%If request("addupdate") = "add" Then%> checked<%End If%>>&nbsp;<br />
Update&nbsp;<input type="radio" name="addupdate" value="update" class="newbody"<%if blnreload = 1 Then%>checked<%End If%>><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
<tr><br />
<td><br />
<%If bitcontid <> 0 Then%><br />
<input type="hidden" name="contid" value="<%=bitcontid%>"><br />
<%End If%><br />
<input type="submit" name="go" value="Enter"><br />
</td><br />
</tr><br />
</form><br />
<br />
.....the iframe file, adminprojectdetails.asp, contains additional <textarea> fields which I want to be submitted with form 'sectionupdate'.<br />
<br />
<br />
Hope this makes sense!<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
<br />
<br />
bloke<br />
blokeinthekitchen.com<!--content-->hi bloke...<br />
<br />
i'm just curious as to why you didn't just test it for yourself :confused:<br />
<br />
but anyway...<br />
why not just use an Include instead?<br />
(that would seem to be a much more logical solution than the use of <iframe>)<br />
<br />
does that help you at all?...<br />
;) k<!--content-->I kinda need a form inside a form, if you get me? I'm obtaining a recordset, which I'm writing out in textareas but that recordset has sub categories which require a second sp to be run. So I populate the first set of text areas, then the iframe contains a select box which onChange submits itself, obtains the second record set and populates a second set of textareas. Both sets of textareas appear on the same page, so that the user can modify the contents then they need to be submitted as one form - which is where I run into problems.<br />
<br />
An include file won't cut it and I didn't want to go down the javascript layers route - but it looks like I'll have to. Unless you have any better ideas!?<br />
<br />
Cheers<br />
<br />
<br />
bloke<br />
blokeinthekitchen.com<!--content-->

Back