Forms and Div id's ???

liunx

I originally created a page which used tables, hidden and visible to create the effect of different tables which could be tabbed between them. This was unacceptable though as I had to use absolute values for the position on the screen. When put into full screen these values shifted the tables around. <br />
<br />
These tables have several checks inside them to ensure valid data is entered.<br />
<br />
I rewrote the page and used CSS and another JS page to create "real" tabs, this was done using DIV's. This fixed the postion on the screen, however now none of the forms are checked for valid data. I presume as the id's for the DIV's have changed. <br />
<br />
PLEASE can someone help, what kind of identification must I make to get the checks to work again ????!!!!???? The DIV's are all inside one form, as are each of the Tables.<br />
<br />
Thankyou inadvance for any help.<br />
Ewan<!--content-->I originally created a page which used tables, hidden and visible to create the effect of different tables which could be tabbed between them. This was unacceptable though as I had to use absolute values for the position on the screen. When put into full screen these values shifted the tables around. <br />
<br />
These tables have several checks inside them to ensure valid data is entered. <br />
<br />
I rewrote the page and used CSS and another JS page to create "real" tabs, this was done using DIV's. This fixed the postion on the screen, however now none of the forms are checked for valid data. I presume as the id's for the DIV's have changed. <br />
<br />
PLEASE can someone help, what kind of identification must I make to get the checks to work again ????!!!!???? The DIV's are all inside one form, as are each of the Tables. <br />
<br />
Thankyou inadvance for any help. <br />
Ewan<!--content-->originally created a page which used tables, hidden and visible to create the effect of different tables which could be tabbed between them. This was unacceptable though as I had to use absolute values for the position on the screen. When put into full screen these values shifted the tables around. <br />
<br />
These tables have several checks inside them to ensure valid data is entered. <br />
<br />
<br />
PLEASE can someone help, what kind of identification must I make to get the checks to work again ????!!!!???? The DIV's are all inside one form, as are each of the Tables. <br />
<br />
Thankyou inadvance for any help. <br />
Ewan<br />
<br />
[edit- moved from DHTML]<!--content-->Doesn't make sense...what does a form validation has to with a div's id?<!--content-->No crossposts please..<!--content-->And especially no triple posts...<!--content-->Sorry. I posted them in three different forums, HTML, DHTML and Javascript. Didnt realize they would all come up.<!--content-->

Back