formmail

liunx

I use formmail.pl and some shtml forms to get user input before allowing them to Download <!--more--> software. This is an attempt to get them to opt-in to our monthly newsletter (no spamming), The problem is that could enter any address and then be forwarded to the Download <!--more--> page, I would like them to enter a correct email address that a Download <!--more--> url gets sent to in order to ensure they enter a valid address. <br />
How would I go about this? <br />
I can't use a simle auto-responder because the email i receive from the submitted form is actually from our server, not the user, so any auto response would go to the server. <br />
Lost here, any help?<!--content-->What you need to do is forward the user to a page telling them to check their email for the "link" to the Download <!--more--> page. And behind the scenes, generate an email to them with that "link".<!--content-->yeah, thats what I am saying. That much I can handle.<br />
The question is: how do I have an email sent to them automatically with the Download <!--more--> link in it?<!--content-->...as I said...generate an email to them with the link...<br />
This requires that you modify the script to do as such.<!--content-->You keep telling me to do what I am asking HOW to do.<br />
I know that I need to modify the script to send an email to the user, but I do not know how to do that. That is why I am here.<!--content-->post the portion of the script that sends the mail...<br />
<br />
should be something like...<br />
<br />
open(MAIL, "|$mailprog");<br />
<br />
<br />
and ends with <br />
<br />
<br />
close(MAIL);<!--content-->I found a snippet to add to my formmail.pl that is supposed to do what i need, i will port again if it does not work.<br />
Thanks<!--content-->

Back