Formating forms?

windows

How do I format forms? Like change the color of the text fields, their borders, and buttons?<br />
<br />
Also, if I have a button in a form that is a link, how would i make that button open the window in a blank window?<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot for your help.<!--content-->i am not sure how to/if you can change the color of a text field but off the top of my head the button would go something like this<br />
<br />
<form><br />
<a href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"index.html" target="_blank"><input type="button" value="Button" name="B3"></a><br />
</form><!--content-->You can customize form elements by using css.<br />
<br />
Below is something I use on my homepage to give you an example:<br />
<br />
textarea { font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 2px; border-style: inset; border-top-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px}<br />
<br />
In this way you can change just about every form element (checkboxes, select lists, input fields ...)<br />
<br />
If you take your input elements to your custom look, be sure to test in different browsers, as you tend to get different results in different browsers. Changing the color of radio buttons can have really ugly effects for instance.<br />
<br />
Changing form elements in css is not fully supported by all major browsers.<!--content-->

Back