Form thank you

liunx

how do i make a submit button go to a page to show a thank you for submiting and after about 10 seconds it refreshes to my home page. Would anybody have an idea of how to do this?<!--content-->First of all, submit the form to your thank-you page:<form action="thankyou.php">And then on your thank-you page have this in your head section:<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="10;url=index.php"><!--content-->will it work in html? and not php?<!--content-->Yes, but I'm not sure what the point of submitting to a .html page would be. There's no point in submitting a form if it's not going to have any server-side processing done on the information entered.<!--content-->Hi - You could just put a link or button named "Return to Home Page" after the Thank you on your thank you page. Most site users like that better than a redirect.<br />
<br />
Goose1<!--content-->Or even better, you could have both. <br />
<br />
He might want a form for complaints or something and not care about what people say<!--content-->If you are to implement the meta refresh, you should also have a link there, as IncaWarrior suggested. The reason for this is that some browsers do not support the meta refresh (I know I can turn it off in IE), and, as Goose1 said, some people don't like having pages refreshing to other pages.<!--content-->Originally posted by IncaWarrior <br />
He might want a form for complaints or something and not care about what people say Sneaky. ;)<br />
<br />
Having a link and no refresh would be ideal because you can't predict how fast users can read a page and when they will be ready to move on.<!--content-->I think if the page just says "THANK YOU" then it would be ok to use a refresh (with a link) since it's not much to read, and not important if it's not read<!--content-->Assuming that you have a set layout for each page, complete with navigational links to get around your site, you might want a "Thank-you" page with no refresh so that the user is free to choose which page they go to next.<!--content-->

Back