Form submission

liunx

I need some guidance please.<br />
<br />
I have a form that can search database fields (part of the software setup, I cant' change these or how the search form works).<br />
<br />
The two fields I can search on are (eg) 'name' and 'info' in a user profile. These fields search the database and returns the correct results. The users can put any text in their 'info' box, up to about 25k of free text.<br />
<br />
I want to, however, have the ability to search on different types of 'info'. So, instead of just two text boxes of free search called 'name' and 'info' I want to have the ability for some drop-down lists as well. The form would look like;<br />
<br />
-----------<br />
Name: 'name' textbox<br />
<br />
Keyword: 'info' textbox<br />
<br />
Speciality: drop-down list with pre-defined text, which also searches the 'info' perameter.<br />
-----------<br />
<br />
The thing is, the script is not set to accept this kind of submit action (two fields in to one perameter does not fit!!). <br />
<br />
Is there an 'action' or javascript ro anything that can merge these two 'keyword.info' and 'speciality.info' into one search string before submission to the script??<br />
<br />
IE;<br />
Name: 'David' (submit.name(David))<br />
Keyword: 'UK' (submit.info(UK))<br />
Speciality: 'HTML' (submit.info(HTML))<br />
<br />
searches on 'name.David' and 'info.('UK'+'HTML')'<br />
<br />
????<!--content-->We need to see your code to determine if it is possible.<!--content-->Thanks.<br />
<br />
I have talked to the developers who have informed me that they will modify the script to allow an array to be passed through, using an AND statement of searches.<br />
<br />
Hopefully will get sorted and show the results (but don't hold your breath!!)<!--content-->

Back