Form email

liunx

I have a previous Form pgm that emailed results to me with a box name and reply on separate lines in the email. I changed webhosters and used formmail.php and the resulting email comes to me as an attachment titled "Postdata.att". The email can be opened with Notepad but the box titles and responses are all jumbled together in one long paragraph with no spaces. What have I done wrong.<br />
<br />
<FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="mailto:[email protected]"><br />
<INPUT NAME="success" TYPE="hidden"<!--content-->add entype attribute with value "text/plain" in the form<br />
<br />
<form method="post" action="mailto:[email protected]" enctype="text/plain"><!--content-->Hi,<br />
<br />
I have been trying to do the same thing. I get the file with the .att extension. I can see it in notepad, but it will need to be parsed to be usable. I put the enctyp parameter in but have not seen any change. Did this work for you??<br />
<br />
Thanks!<!--content-->According to the documentation I've read, enctype="text/plain" is not one of the valid encoding types for the FORM Tagapplication/x-www-form-urlencoded is the default and multipart/form-data is what should be used in combination with the input element, type="file". But a valid value for enctype is any media type. So it is perfectly valid to use text/plain.<!--content-->Originally posted by khalidali63 <br />
add entype attribute with value "text/plain" in the form<br />
<br />
<form method="post" action="mailto:[email protected]" enctype="text/plain"> <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
IT worked.<!--content-->Originally posted by ellen4566 <br />
Hi,<br />
<br />
I have been trying to do the same thing. I get the file with the .att extension. I can see it in notepad, but it will need to be parsed to be usable. I put the enctyp parameter in but have not seen any change. Did this work for you??<br />
<br />
Thanks! <br />
<br />
It worked for me - Tom - original submitter<!--content-->I figured out what I did wrong. It is working now. Thanks.<!--content-->

Back