Form Email ive tried everything and it dosent work

windows

I want a feed back form were the people put a comment and it sends it srait to my email adress Ive tried and look all over but all that happens is an email window pops upthis is the code i use <br />
<br />
<FORM METHOD = POST <br />
ENCTYPE = "text/plain" <br />
ACTION = "mailto:p[email protected]?subject=FatEmail"> <br />
<textarea name="Email" cols=20 rows=1></textarea><Input type = submit value = "Send Now"></form> <br />
<br />
<br />
can you edit it so it will work<br />
Ive tried every diferent tipe of form but dosent work probalbly becauz ihave a free site <br />
<br />
My forms used to work butt now all that happenes is a email box pops up<!--content-->You gotta use a server-side language such as php, asp, cgi, etc... (I recomend php :) ) Also you gotta have a server that supports it. Most free hosts do not offer this and if they do, its very doubtful that they will have the mail () function enabled, so your probably gonna have to pay for hosting if you want to be able to send email dirrectly from a form... Good luck :)<!--content-->The Cheat is incorrect. All you need to do is change "METHOD = POST" to "METHOD = SEND". Otherwise it will try to send the information in a hidden input channel.<br />
<br />
Just a simple mistake. Good luck!<!--content-->Actually none of you are 100% right!<br />
<br />
Using the mailto option to send data to an email address will not work where someone uses browser based email - e.g. AOL, Hotmail etc. So it will work for most people, but not those that fall into the above category. Therefore it's not a good option - you really should use a server side language to ensure you get the info.<br />
<br />
If your server supports php you can use Pyro's php script, which can be found in the web dev faqs link in my signature.<!--content-->

Back