Form doesn't submit when text in text area is too long

liunx

Dear all,<br />
<br />
I have standard form with about 10 input elements and 3 text areas. Everything works smoothly until I write LONG TEXT in text areas (all field together about 1500 characters).<br />
<br />
Then when I click submit button nothing happens.<br />
<br />
When I delete some text from text areas submit button works again.<br />
<br />
IS THERE ANY LIMIT OF DATA SENDING VIA HTML FORM? If so, how can I set the limit higher?<br />
<br />
Thank you very much<br />
Jiri<!--content-->If youre adding this to a database, be sure the field is the proper type to accept large entries. Varchar is limited to 255 characters. Mediumtext or longtext would be the ones to try.<!--content-->Originally posted by jiri.lenk <br />
Dear all,<br />
<br />
I have standard form with about 10 input elements and 3 text areas. Everything works smoothly until I write LONG TEXT in text areas (all field together about 1500 characters).<br />
<br />
Then when I click submit button nothing happens.<br />
<br />
When I delete some text from text areas submit button works again.<br />
<br />
IS THERE ANY LIMIT OF DATA SENDING VIA HTML FORM? If so, how can I set the limit higher?<br />
<br />
Thank you very much<br />
Jiri <br />
<br />
There is no limit to the amount of data you can send using the POST method, but ther eis with the GET method although I don't recall the limit, but that would not prevent the form from sending the data. It sounds like your form may be using javascript to check the amount of characters in the form fields and not submitting if over the limit.<br />
<br />
Without seeing your code it is impossible to know what the probem is.<!--content-->

Back